Job Path works with you
You’ll get a hard-working, trained, motivated employee; someone who is more likely than most entry-level workers to meet your expectations and become a stable, long-term employee. Job Path Employment Specialists visit regularly and can offer supervisors tips on how to encourage the employee’s best work. Frequently all that is needed is a short period of intensive on-the-job support. In addition, Job Path staff is available whenever needed to assist the person to adapt to new responsibilities or respond to increasing demands.
We help employers address specific worksite issues like:
- Routine daily tasks that reduce staff productivity
- New tasks or projects that never get done because of lack of time and/or resources
- Staff being stretched too thin during peak times of the year or hours of the day
- High staff turnover
We have placed hundreds of people in clerical positions (including data entry/ scanning/ recordkeeping), mailroom/messenger, stock and shipping, porter maintenance, pet care, food service and child care positions.
Our employers include: Bed Bath & Beyond; News Corp; Modell’s Sporting Goods; T.J. Maxx; Walgreen’s; Cleary Gottlieb; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP & Affiliates; Best Buy, Trader Joe’s, Footlocker, Wildlife Conservation Society, and CBS Radio.
Click below to review some of the tasks our participants do for other businesses in these industries:
Clerical and mailroom/messenger
- Filing or pulling invoices and other documents
- Data entry for fiscal and program data
- Updating regulatory binders
- Scanning documents using a variety of technologies
- Shredding and photocopying
- Sorting and delivering mail and packages
- Computer coding
- Compiling packets
- Making calls and updating mailing lists
- Reordering supplies
- Online research and compiling facts and information
- Word-processing, proofreading, writing memos and emails.
- Greeting customers
- Calling customers to let them know that orders have arrived.
- Helping customers locate items in the store or approaching customers about memberships
- Returning items to the sales floor when customers don’t wan them
- Organizing merchandize by style, color, size, author or brand name
- Scanning, pricing and packaging
- Unloading trucks
- Stocking and re-stocking shelves
- Placing security tags or stickers on merchandise
- Returning carts and baskets to their proper location
- Organizing displays in a store
- Assisting with inventory and other data entry needs.
- Preparing merchandise for return to a distributor
- Food preparation – cleaning, chopping, mixing salad and making sandwiches
- Packaging food for distribution
- Maintain salad bars and making sure that counters are stocked with condiments, napkins, etc.
- Assisting with making drink bases and other items that need to be available consistently
- Serving food/drinks and bussing tables and counters
- Distributing means to the elderly and in a hospital setting
- Washing dishes.
- Arranging tables and chairs.
- Organizing and folding napkins and linens
- Set up/clean up activities at the beginning or end of a day
- Sweeping, mopping and buffing floors
- Watering plants and maintaining trash receptacles
- Dusting and cleaning display shelves
- Collecting/sorting recyclables and bailing cardboard
- Folding towels and sheets in a laundry facility
- Washing windows.
- Maintaining cleanliness in restrooms
- Organizing and maintaining conference rooms
- Restocking kitchens and lounge areas
- Getting materials and setting up for lessons, like art classes
- Helping teachers at mealtimes by heating food or passing out drinks
- Assisting teachers with paperwork, like taking attendance, or doing data entry
- Helping teachers at transition points by putting on jackets and sneakers
- Assisting with lesson plans and creating educational materials for the classroom.
- Reading to children and providing 1:1 assistance to a child in the classroom
- Assisting with supervision of children in the classroom and on outings.
The right person for your job might come from Job Path. Click here to get more information about our job seekers who are ready to interview for your opening.
If you would like to speak with one of our Employment Specialists about how Job Path could work with you, please contact us at email@example.com.