Last updated: September 19, 2023
The information that we collect:
- Generally, you can visit the Site without providing any Personal Information (when we use the term “Personal Information,” we mean information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, age, gender, date of birth, as well as additional sensitive information such as your social security number, financial information, financial account information, and other similar types of information). If you do provide us with Personal Information, we will store and use that information in accordance with this Policy. For example, if you apply to work at Job Path and you provide us with your contact information or if you donate to Job Path, you may provide us with Personal Information (including financial information) when you fill out forms or fields on the Site.
- Cookies Information
When you use the Site, one or more of the companies we use to operate our website may send cookies (which are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer or mobile device. They may also use other standard Internet technologies, such as flash technologies, web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of our Site. You are always free to decline the cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your ability to use the Site or certain features of the Site.
- Automatically Collected Information
When you visit the Site, we and our third party partners and service providers may receive or record information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, such as your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations. Job Path does not receive information that directly identifies you but does receive and record certain limited information about visitors to our Site generally, including the sorts of the web pages or sites our visitors visit just before or just after visiting the Site, and the pages most often viewed on the Site. When you use the Site on a mobile device, we and our third party partners and service providers may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or wireless local area network signals. Job Path also receives aggregated location information, such as, for example, the number visits to our Site in a given month by of residents of countries and U.S. cities.
How we use the information we collect:
- We use non-identifying information about your use of the Site to understand and analyze the usages trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site, and to improve fraud detection and information security.
- We may use your e-mail address or other Personal Information to:
- contact you for administrative purposes such as managing your donations;
- contact you about potential employment opportunities, if you have expressed an interest in working for Job Path; and/or
- send you educational material, advocacy, or other information about our work. Generally, you can opt-out of receiving communications by following links provided in the messages, or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org – see “Your choices” below.
Third party websites and services:
When we disclose information:
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Job Path from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to protect the security and integrity of the Site; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; or to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
- We may make certain information available to third parties to comply with various reporting and auditing obligations. When possible, we provide this information in a limited way to protect your privacy.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, donation and marketing administration, payment processing, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these third party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process your information.
- In the event Job Path were to merge with or be acquired by another organization, Job Path may transfer or assign the data, including Personal Information, that we have collected from individuals.
Your rights and choices:
- You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us.
- Job Path does not “sell” your personal information as that term is defined by relevant laws and regulations.
- Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to request that Job Path provide a copy of the personal information we process about you, delete your personal information, or correct your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to exercise these rights for Personal Information you have provided to Job Path through forms on our website, please send us a request at email@example.com. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. Depending on where you reside, you may also have the right to appeal requests that we deny by emailing us at the same address.
- If you do not wish to receive emails or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us (except for any communications essential to your transactions through the Site) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email. Although your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Our commitment to children’s privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 13 years of age to use the Site, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the Site from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has provided us with information, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we delete the information from our systems.
Our commitment to data security:
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information; however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
We retain information as long as it is reasonably necessary and relevant for our operations, and/or to comply with the law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, or enforce our Terms or other agreements.
Visitors from outside the United States:
Our Services are designed for and targeted to United States audiences (specifically, New York audiences) and are governed by and operated in accordance with United States law, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence.
Limitation of liability:
By accessing this Site and/or providing us with Personal Information and other data, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold us harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of such information. In addition, while we take efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data by our service providers that may receive your information from us, we are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your information caused by those service providers. Similarly, if you follow a link on our Site to a third party website or application, we are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use/and or misuse of your information caused by those third parties.
Do Not Track disclosures:
Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how DNT should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
Our contact information:
256 West 38th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10018